Gillies Metaltech has third party “S-Mark” certification for full range of ductile iron watermain fittings manufactured to AS/NZS2280, and is New Zealand’s only manufacturer of NZS4522 Fire Hydrants. Gillies is externally audited to the ISO9001 Quality Management System.
Design Service and Expertise
Combining traditional pattern making with new technology, Gillies team of engineers utilise the latest software for 3D modelling and stress analysis in product development and innovation. In addition to the standard range of product, Gillies are able to custom design one off ‘specials’ that comply with the specified standard AS/NZS 2280. The foundry and engineering operations specialise in short run unique demand for waterwork and other industrial applications.
Gillies registered on-site testing laboratory is utilised to batch test and control all certified product. While conducting compliance testing for the new NZS 4522 Fire Hydrant, over one million litres of water was used.
Product and Service Range
- Ferrous metal casting capabilities
- Fabrication of large bore steel irrigation fittings
- Fabrication of irrigation fittings using glass reinforced polymer
- Manufacture of NZS4522 Fire Hydrants
- Unlimited capacity for heavy machining and structural engineering
- Valve manufacturing specialists from DN50 to DN600
- Design, innovation, research and development
Gillies Metaltech fittings and valves are coated in accordance with AS/NZS4158 using a purpose built ‘fluidised bed’ process. The coating medium used offers long term durability and protection to extend the life of the product.